Additional Child Experiences
Children attending Abacus Ark Nursery Schools have the opportunity, depending on the setting and the sessions which they attend, to participate in additional activities such as football, music, drama and Spanish lessons.
These activities take part during the nursery day and are integrated with the curriculum.
These additional experiences help children to:
- learn to listen and respond expressively;
- be able to distinguish between sounds;
- develop gross motor skills and co-ordination
- develop a broad range of interests and take part in a broad range of experiences; and
- build social awareness, learn to co-operate, take turns, share, to consider the feelings of others and to communicate verbally.